Paper Session option is provided to broaden opportunities for oral presentations. Individually submitted papers will be reviewed for scientific merit and a decision will be made to accept or reject it based on independent ratings by two blinded reviewers. Highly rated individual papers will be considered by panel chairs for presentation in a 90 minute Paper Session composed of up to 4 Individual Paper Presentations that are thematically related, each presented for 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes of Q&A. Individual papers that are highly rated but cannot be accepted for a Paper Session (either because there are not 4 related papers on the topic or the maximum number of paper sessions has been reached) will become Individual Poster Presentations if and only if submitters have indicated that they would like to present the research as a poster if it cannot be presented as an oral paper.
- There is no limit to the number of authors for a paper or poster.
- Do not submit material more than once, e.g., as a poster and a paper proposal.
- PECERA normally does not accept submissions that have either been presented or published before the Conference unless they differ somewhat from the original—additional data or new findings or additional comparisons, etc.
- Submission after the deadline will not be considered.
- No changes can be made after the submission deadline.
Submission Instructions and Review Procedures
- Submission of Proposal. Please fill in the electronic form (link provided below) latest by 1 February 2018.
- Proposal Review. All submissions will be subject to review. Submissions are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Originality of the topic: This can be evaluated from necessity of the study, purpose(s) and research question(s) of the study, and summary of findings (or conclusions) and implication(s).
- Significance of the topic: This can be evaluated from necessity of the study, purpose(s) and research question(s) of the study, and summary of findings (or conclusions) and implication(s).
- Rigor of methods: This can be evaluated from the description of method including participants, tool or measure, and data analysis.
- Structure of the proposal: This can be evaluated from the overall structure of the proposal including all of the above mentioned elements.
- Writing: This can be evaluated from the overall writing of the proposal in terms of the grammatical errors in English expression and logical presentation.
- Notification of Acceptance / Modification. If your proposal is accepted, the first author will receive the news of confirmation by March 1, 2018. If your proposal requires modification, the first author will receive comments for improvement. Submission of revised abstract will be required in 3-7 days for second review.
- Registration to the Conference. Following the notification of acceptance, it is recommended that the author(s) register individually for the conference by May 1, 2018. Do take note that the early bird registration deadline is April 1, 2018.
Paper (Abstract) Submission Due Date:
1st February 2018 15th March 2018
Paper (Abstract) Acceptance Notification:
1st March 2018 30th April 2018